
We went to the Munich Zoo this weekend. I've never been to a zoo in snow. It was weird. Most of the animals cannot survive out in the cold climate, so they keep them inside. So as a visitor, you have to walk outside in the cold between buildings. Inside the buildings 95% humidity and 80' F makes you want to choke. This hot, thick air also smells like monkeys (or rhinos or whatever). It's a seriously unpleasant experience. I will never take the wonderfully comfortable San Diego Zoo for granted again.
Here's a picture of Ingrid and the Elephants (wow, that sounds like a cool name for a band...i'm gonna run out and copyright that, don't steal it!). Don't worry, they are Asian elephants, not African ones. That's why they can hang in the cold. I did really like the zoo. It reminds me of being a kid again...which I always love to be reminded of. They had the best playground ever...on the whole, German playgrounds are better than American one's because people don't sue as often here and they can keep the really cool (but dangerous) stuff. So a nice day in the sun, visiting the zoo, playing in the playground...I know that sounds immature, but don't knock it til you've try it.

No comments:
Post a Comment